Ethos is a national thesis service that is designed to maximise the usability and visibility of UK doctoral theses.
"EThOS aims to provide:Back in 2013 Ethos ran a similar survey, which can be found here. Some highlights for the previous survey were:
- A national aggregated record of all doctoral theses awarded by UK Higher Education institutions
- Free access to the full text of as many theses as possible for use by all researchers to further their own research." Ethos http://ethos.bl.uk/About.do
- 40% of Ethos users are postgraduates.
- 87% of users reported that Ethos materials had helped them in their research.
- The majority of Ethos users are undertaking academic research, and 80% of the respondents said they are from Higher Education.