As part of the Library strategy to extend our support for open access and research data management we are organising a series of drop-in sessions open to University of St Andrews researchers from all Schools. During the sessions, members of staff and research students will be able to drop-in at any point and ask any questions relating to funders’ requirements on open access and research data, how to upload manuscripts and data into Pure and general research data management queries.
With the new Open Access policy for the next Research Excellence Framework (REF) fully in force very soon and already adopted across the University, we need to ensure all researchers know the essential steps to ensure eligibility for the next REF. We also want to make sure researchers know how to gain all the benefits of Open Access. The increasing requirements to manage data as part of funded projects, and new policies on data sharing in place from funders such as EPSRC, mean we want to ensure our community knows how to get the support they need.
St Andrews researchers are welcome to drop in and ask any questions regarding:
- Open Access for REF2020
- Uploading your publications in Pure
- Funding for ‘Gold’ Open Access
- Open Access options for specific publishers
- Funders’ requirements on research data and publications
- Data Management Plans
- Uploading your data in Pure
- Sharing your data
- Storing your data
- General data management
- Any other topic
The Library’s Open Access (OA) and Research Data Management (RDM) drop-in sessions are on:
• Mon 1 February, 13:00 – 15:00, Buchanan Building Room 103
• Fri 5 February, 12:00 – 14:00, Hebdomadar’s Room
• Mon 22 February, 13:00 – 15:00, Buchanan Building Room 103
• Fri 26 February, 12:00 – 14:00, Hebdomadar’s Room
Please do come and meet members of your OA and RDM support teams!